There are many factors influence whether a person gets cancer. But many cancers are preventable, between 30-50% of all cancer cases are preventable. There is much you can do to reduce your cancer risk, Prevention and early detection is more important. Your life style choices every day affect your health.
- Maintain your weight according to the BMI.
- Do the exercise or physical activity for at least 30 minutes every day.
- Avoid the food low in fiber and rich in fat or added sugar, sugary drinks, and high-calorie foods.
- Eat more of a variety of vegetables, fruits, whole grains, and legumes as beans.
- Limit consumption of red meats including beef, pork, and lamb and processed meats.
- Limit your daily intake of alcohol.
- Limit consumption of sodium or salty foods and food processed with salt.
- Avoid supplements to try to protect against cancer.
- After treatment, survivors should follow the recommendations for cancer prevention.
- Regular self-exams and screenings for various types of cancers as breast, cervical, and colon cancers can prevent early when treatment is likely to work best.
- You can reduce your risk of getting cancer by making healthy choices like avoiding tobacco, limiting the amount of alcohol and smoke, protecting your skin directly from the sun and protected sex.
The Mayom Hospital is the best hospital in Gurgaon, Haryana. You can consult here with the doctor.