Viral gastroenteritis (stomach flu)
Viral gastroenteritis happens when your stomach and intestines also called the gastrointestinal tract, are inflamed and irritated. Gastrointestinal tract is the pathway which is responsible for digestion that includes the mouth, esophagus, stomach, and intestines. This is commonly called the stomach flu but is not like influenza or flu cold.
Gastroenteritis can be caused by virus, bacteria, or parasite infections. Viral gastroenteritis is contagious. It spread by food reactions and unclean water.
Gastroenteritis, on the other hand, attacks your intestines, and causing symptoms. You might have gastroenteritis because of the symptoms of vomiting and diarrhea (watery, non-bloody diarrhea/bloody diarrhea), Abdominal cramps and pain, Nausea, muscle aches or headache, and Low-grade fever. People who have gastroenteritis can become dehydrated quickly so it is important to care for signs of dehydration.
- Drink more fluid and water.
- Use oral rehydration solutions or diluted juices, diluted sports drinks, clear broth, or decaffeinated tea.
- Avoid junk food or market food and stale food.
- Get the right nutrients.
- Consult to the doctor at Mayom hospital gurugram.
- Don’t take medicines without a doctor’s prescription.
- Antibiotics are sometimes used to treat bacterial gastroenteritis.
- Give your body rest to recover.
For any gastro related problem, you can visit the best hospital inGurgaon, Haryana, the Mayom hospital is a multispecialty hospital.