Are you dealing with Snoring?
The problem of snoring is becoming so common these days that now people have been left unconsidered. Or we can say, it does not seem like a problem for a person who snores, but whoever sleeps around him gets disturbed. It is quite shocking that a person suffering from snoring may not even know that they are suffering from it until someone else tells them. Due to a lack of knowledge, they are not able to get treatment for it. There is a need to increase the awareness of this problem among them so that they can get it treated in the right way.
If you or someone you know has the problem of snoring, then must read this article because we have given the necessary information related to this disease.
What is snoring?
Snoring is mainly a sound that comes when it is passed through the tissue present in the throat. Generally, most people have an occasional snoring problem, which gets cured by adopting normal methods, but for some people, it can become a chronic problem. And, for some people, it can be a sign of some serious illness.
There are many reasons for snoring. Its initial causes are obesity, weakening of the muscles of the nose and throat, cold, smoking, respiratory problems, lack of proper oxygen in the lungs, and sinus problems.
Like any other disease, snoring also has some symptoms, which indicate its onset. A person has these 5 symptoms:-
- Holding of breath during sleep
- Sleepiness during the day
- Headache in the morning
- Sore throat on waking
- High blood pressure
At the beginning of the problem, you should go to the ENT specialist. As snoring gets diagnosed, it also becomes easier to treat it. The ENT specialist will perform some tests and then start treatment according to the severity of the problem.
- Making Lifestyle Changes- The easiest way to treat snoring is to make lifestyle changes. Since, snoring is mainly caused by overweight, alcohol consumption, wrong sleeping pattern, etc., people should change all these habits to cure it so that the problem of snoring can be overcome.
- Medicine- Apart from making lifestyle changes, it is also possible to treat snoring through medicine. These medicines improve the functioning of the nose and throat of the person as well as cure snoring.
- Laser therapy- Since snoring disease is also caused due to nasal problems. For this reason, laser therapy can also be used to cure it.
- Using a mask- Often, doctors give a mask to people suffering from snoring, which prevents snoring and gives them relief while sleeping.
- Nose surgery – When people suffering from snoring do not get relief in any way, then doctors recommend them to get nose surgery. This surgery is mainly given when the snoring reaches its peak.
If you or someone you know is dealing with snoring, book a consultation with our ENT Specialist Dr. Manish Prakash at Mayom Hospital, Gurgaon.